We are looking for an Intern to work closely on projects related to our LGBT Cultural Competency Curriculum as determined and directed by our Director of Operations. The Administrative Intern will be responsible for assisting with the update of our training curriculum, general office duties including, but not limited to, research, data entry, proofreading, and general coordination.
The ideal candidate is someone with a strong interest in LGBT Health Advocacy, a member of the LGBTQ community and have a passion for social justice.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review, research and update citations on our existing curriculum materials.
- Organize and proofread training manual to accompany training slides.
- Assist in supporting projects as necessary.
- High degree of organizational skill and problem-solving ability; specifically, the ability to work as self-starter
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Education or Experience in Writing, Literature or English
- Resourcefulness in finding information
- Respect for details; ability to execute accurately at a high level without excess supervision.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as
- excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- General computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Opportunity to build resume-worthy skills in non-profit management and development
Must be able to work 7-10 hours per week until projects are completed.
There is opportunity to work remotely but some in person hours will be required.
Initially, we’re looking for someone to work locally in the Hudson Valley: namely Newburgh, Poughkeepsie or Beacon – with our Director of Operations at their home office or a local coffeeshop. Eventually you will work remotely once a project timeline and plan has been established.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com